Eye drops are prescribed by eye doctors for various indications like dry eyes , infections , glaucoma .Eyes are very sensitive hence proper uses of eye drops is to be understood.
1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
2. Check the dropper tip to make sure that it is not chipped or cracked.
3. Avoid touching the dropper tip against your eye or anything else; eye drops and droppers must be kept clean.
4. While tilting your head back, pull down the lower lid of your eye with your index finger to form a pocket.
5. Hold the dropper (tip down) with the other hand, as close to the eye as possible without touching it.
6. Brace the remaining fingers of that hand against your face.
7. While looking up, gently squeeze the dropper so that a single drop falls into the pocket made by the lower eyelid. Remove your index finger from the lower eyelid.
8. Close your eye for 2 to 3 minutes and tip your head down as though looking at the floor. Try not to blink or squeeze your eyelids.
9. Place a finger on the tear duct and apply gentle pressure.
10. Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
11. If you are to use more than one drop in the same eye, wait at least 5 minutes before instilling the next drop. If your doctor told you to place moxifloxacin ophthalmic solution in both eyes, repeat steps 6 to 10 above for your other eye.
12. Replace and tighten the cap on the dropper bottle. Do not wipe or rinse the dropper tip.
13. Wash your hands to remove any medication.
Do not use any eye drop after you have broken seal and using it for one month .